Monday 29 September 2014

Nikumaki Honpo - Eight Mile Plains

One cold chilly miserable night, I found myself at Warrigal Square, and remembered that a friend had recommended that I try Nikumaki Honpo ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ. Of course being at the right place at the right time. I went. Nikumaki (肉巻き) is short for meat wrapped rice balls. Put some cheese on top, and it is the ultimate comfort food \(@ ̄∇ ̄@)/.



Its noteworthy that Nikumaki Honpo closes at 7.30 mostly, which is quite early. I'm sure lots of night owls like me would love to be able to eat hot meaty cheesy rice balls in the middle of the night.


The shopfront is quite simple, the menu only consists of two types of nikumaki, basic or cheese, with a variety of toppings, as well as several takeaway rice meals. 
Upon ordering, the owner puts the rice ball into the oven to heat it up so its piping hot, and then uses a torch to further toast the cheese. End result : very very hot rice ball.


So here's the my rice ball, all wrapped up in takeaway fashion.


Here's my rice ball in all its glory o((*^▽^*))o.

Nikumaki Honpo is one of my favorite establishments. It has a limited menu, but what it can do, it does exceptionally well. The rice was cooked to a very good texture, not too hard and not too soft. The meat was not bland, as well as soy, it had delicate sweet flavours to it as well. Not to mention it was not too thick or too thin. Just enough to give ample flavouring to the rice. The added cheese makes it more rich and comforting. If I could, I would come here every day ( ^_^)/.

Price Range: $4.50 - $5.00

Taste: 9/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 6/10



Nikumaki Honpo on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment