Sunday 26 October 2014

Boom Boom - Brisbane CBD


Lately I've been watching a lot of movies at the Myer Centre, it was inevitable that I would eventually try Boom Boom, the Korean Restaurant outside the cinemas ๑•́ㅿ•̀๑.



We waited for a while downstairs at the entrance whilst perusing the menu, for someone to come and lead us to a table. After a period of time, we ventured upstairs to investigate, where we were then promptly shown a table, and given menus.



It seems to be a popular trend for new Korean Restaurants to have tables fitted with electronic bells to buzz for service (I forgot to take a photo of this). In a way its very efficient, because waiters do not need to wander around waiting for requests, but it feels a bit weird that there's no one wandering around ヾ(๑ ³ㅿ³)ノ .



Upon ordering, we were provided with cutlery and water. I found the water container to be really cute and homey.


After waiting for a while, we were provided with a selection of KimChi. This included seaweed, preserved sour radish, and the usual spicy cabbage. I know it's probably not traditional, but I do really enjoy the creamy pasta that other Korean restaurants provide.




Gradually, our food started to arrive. We were blown away by the portion sizes. With my rough estimation skills the rice accompanying the pork cutlets would be at least two bowls worth. The pork cutlets were also very big.




Whilst we were shocked at the portion size of the Pork Cutlet Rice, we were completely blown away by the size of the Black Bean Seafood Noodles. For size reference purposes, you can see that there's an egg on the middle of the dish. Taste wise, it was interesting that whilst the dish was advertised as not spicy on the menu, it had quite a bit of chili in it ⸜₍๑•⌔•๑ ₎⸝ .


Every time I go to a Korean Restaurant, I usually order the rice cake dumplings. The rice cake is the same as the ones offered in New Shanghai. It was served in a mild beef kind of soup, mixed with a lot of egg. I really enjoyed this meal, it was mild, nourishing and comforting. I note the portions were not as big as my associates though, but I found it ample, and filling.



The spring rolls were also really large for a snack. While other places may provide 4 or 5 rolls in a serving, Boom Boom provided 9. They were nice, filled with vegetables and crispy.


I enjoyed my time at Boom Boom, and was particularly impressed with their generous portion sizes, and its convenient location next to the movie cinemas.

Price Range: $10 - $20 per person

Taste: 7/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 5/10
Environment: 6/10



Boom Boom on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value. Im glad to have found this post as its such an interesting one! I am always on the lookout for quality posts and articles so i suppose im lucky to have found this! I hope you will be adding more in the future...check it out

    ReplyDelete