Wednesday 10 December 2014

Queensland Art Gallery Cafe - Southbank


One afternoon, whilst recovering from a nasty bout of the flu, a friend asked me to accompany her to the Queensland Museum to look at an exhibit with her. Whilst wandering around afterwards, I had realised that I forgot to bring a bottle of water with me. The nearest canteen style place sold bottled water for $4.50, needless to say, both my friend and myself were quite shocked at the price, so we decided to try our luck elsewhere. On our search for water, we ambled into the Queensland Art Gallery Cafe (where we found table water and desserts, just in time for afternoon tea).



My friend got this cake, which we believe to be a vanilla passion fruit mousse. It was fruity and soft on the inside, whilst crisp on the outside.


My main attraction of course, was the Tiramisu. For a commercial standard Tiramisu, I found it to be one of the better ones I've had, being well above the standard in its mascarpone and savoiardi biscuits, although it could have a stronger coffee flavour.

The both of us were really surprised with how nice the Queensland Art Gallery was, particularly its calming and relaxing ambiance. We will definitely be back, after I recover, for a full meal there.

Average Price: $15 - $20 per person

Taste: 7/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 8/10






QAG Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment