Friday 12 December 2014

Sushi Edo - Newmarket

In my obsession with Japanese Food, I would say that within the category of sushi trains, there is certainly a lack of 'constant price' sushi trains. By this, I mean places where all plates on the sushi train are of the same price, whilst maintaining a good quality. (There are one or two other places which offer sushi for a constant price, that I have been to in Brisbane, but their quality is exceptionally bad).

Needless to say, when a friend suggested that Sushi Edo was the place I had been waiting for, I jumped at the option to go.

Being all excited, I forgot to take pictures of the surroundings, merely taking a few snaps of the plates before eating it. Some of the dishes I ordered include the following:

Salmon Avocado Handroll


Tobiko Ship


Aburi Salmon Hand Roll



Unagi Nigiri


Soft Shell Crab Hand Roll


Salmon Avocado Nigiri



Raw Beef Nigiri


Scallop Nigiri


Lotus Chips


When we arrived, there was quite a healthy line up outside the shop, which reassured us of the freshness of the sushi (due to customer turnover). For $3.50 per plate, I found it to be quite good value, although the portions provided were significantly less than the Sushi Train stores, even when they have their $3 specials. However with the exception of Sushi Train Anniversary sales, Sushi Edo is very good value.

Despite forgetting to take a photo of it, Sushi Edo also operates on a computer system in addition to their sushi train. The system is exactly the same as Wagaya, where you order food and chefs immediately make it for you. This also adds to their customer turnaround to make sure you eat quickly and leave quickly so that the next round of customers can be served. I really appreciate efficiency, and was quite impressed with this.

Overall, I really enjoyed going to Sushi Edo. Normally I would hold out for the Sushi Train anniversaries, but when I cannot wait Sushi Edo is a very good option.

Price Range: $3.50 per plate

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10






Sushi Edo on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment