Monday 16 March 2015

Breakfast Creek Hotel - Breakfast Creek


Last year, a couple of friends and I were in the mood for steak. They wanted to go somewhere rather iconic in Brisbane, and the place that came to mind was the Breakfast Creek Hotel, which I had been to several years ago.



In my opinion, the thing that sets the Breakfast Creek Hotel apart from other places is its its glass steak cabinets. I love the fact that you can go up and see and decide what steak you would like that day (taking into account the thickness and freshness of the steak).


The three of us ordered, and went to find seating. Unfortunately, all seating available that day seemed to be outdoors.



We then went to obtain drinks at the bar. Again, lemon and lime bitters (the usual favourite)


After a rather short wait, our steaks came out. I was particularly impressed with the little individually packed bread rolls on the side. It meant that I was able to take mine away because I could barely finish my meal.


This was the eye fillet with baked potato and garden salad. It was really tasty and they were very generous with the amount of bacon sprinkled on top of the potato.


My other friend ordered the rib fillet, served with chips and coleslaw. From what I hear, she liked it.


As usual, I ordered a T-Bone, rare, with pepper sauce. I also had the garden salad, although I would really have preferred the option of caesar salad instead, and chips.


The steak was cooked rare, just as I like it, but I found the portion of sauce provided to be a bit lacking. I would also have preferred the chips to be better seasoned. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal at the Breakfast Creek Hotel.

Price Range: $25 - $40 per person

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 5/10 (non existent really)
Environment: 6/10

Breakfast Creek Hotel on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment