Monday 22 June 2015

Kingsfood - Sunnybank


Being a regular at Market Square, friends have often found it unusual that I dont frequent Kingsfood very often. Having said that, I did go quite recently.



Some of the seating was outside, but as usual we opted to sit indoors. 


The menu was quite extensive, and contained a large selection of rice, noodles and other snacks and drinks.


Cutlery was brought to our table.


The one thing I really like about Taiwanese places is they have unlimited complementary soup. It goes without saying I had quite a few bowls.


Without much delay, or fried tofu came. We were very pleased at the generous portion. Whilst the tofu was nice and crispy, I would have liked the sauce to be put on the side rather than poured on top to ensure that the tofu stays crispy.


My companion ordered the Braised Beef with rice.  Again I was very impressed with the quantity of beef provided. It was cooked quite tender and the sauce was really tasty.


This is the signature fried rice. My companion could barely finish half of the dish, and had to have the remainder for takeaway. The rice was nicely fried and the grains didn't lump together, which was commendable. The rice to topping ratio was also rather generous. 


My other companion ordered the wanton noodle soup, which we were surprised to find it had a nice side addition of pork bits on the side, it really added to the dish. She said the portion of noodles was very generous, but she said that the meat inside the dumplings weren't well minced though.


I had the fried pork chop with noodles and soup. As my companion mentioned, the portion of noodles given was very generous and I found the texture to be very warm and well done but not overly soft. The pork mince was a bit oily, but I still found it acceptable. The pork was nice and crispy, but also not too oily. I also liked how it didnt have the strip of fat on the side.

Overall, I found it to be a very solid meal, and I can appreciate how Kingsfood has managed to survive so many years in the competitive food scene of Sunnybank. I would definitely go back.

Price Range: $10 - $15 per 

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 6/10
Environment: 6/10




Click to add a blog post for Kingsfood Chinese Restaurant (台湾小调) on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment