Tuesday 7 July 2015

Alfredo's Pizzeria - Fortitude Valley


Last time when I tried out Doughnut Time, I could hardly miss the large sign next door for Alfredo's Pizzeria. I made a mental note to try it out next time I had urges for pizza. Thankfully, that was quite soon.


We arrived rather late in the afternoon to find that there were still several tables munching happily on pizza. I noted the wood fire oven immediately upon grabbing a table.


The checkered table cloth reminds me fondly of traditional Italian restaurants. Although the openness of the restaurant meant that there were quite a few flies and bugs around.


My lemon and lime bitters arrived shortly, and was refreshing, but perhaps not as bitter as I would have liked it.


Our pizza stands came out in the meantime.


Without further ado, our pizzas arrived!



The first pizza that I tried was the American Idiot, had beef ribs, gorgonzola, pancetta and copious amounts of rocket. I really liked how the pizza base was made fresh to order. It was warm and crispy on the outside, but not to hard to the point where it injures your mouth. The beef ribs were a bit fatty, but was really well flavoured. The Pancetta also added to the oiliness of the pizza, but the large amount of rocket on top balanced it out nicely though.



After that, I tried the Pizza formerly known as Prince. It looks awfully similar to the American Idiot, but there were a number of differences. Namely the meat was Prosciutto instead of beef ribs. We found it to be not as oily as the previous pizza, but it was definitely on the salty side.



Whilst I am definitely more of a meat eater, I was surprised to like "Wild Things" the most. It contains Wood Mushrooms, Truffle, Thyme and Parmesan, which means there was no meat. I was really blown away by how the cheese and mushrooms complemented each other. The added truffle also really made a difference. It definitely was something new and exciting for me.

 Price Range: $20 - $30 per person

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 6/10

Click to add a blog post for Alfredo's Pizzeria on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment