Sunday 26 July 2015

Zeus - Southbank



Last week my confidant and I watched Ant Man after work, but before the movie we opted to go for a quick meal before the film.  With the recent opening of Zeus, and a lot of online hype for it, we decided to give it a shot.



Upon stepping in, we found the decor to be very Greek themed. I also liked how it was quite modern and chic.


We sat next to the water fountain, which meant that we could quite conveniently reach over and refill water without getting up from our seat.



There were Greek themed items everywhere. I can see they've invested a lot of resources into making the restaurant very impressive.



After ordering, we were given a small bucket with a number and cutlery inside it. It was different from any other experiences we have had, and definitely unique.


Our meal arrived before long. We were definitely impressed by the presentation.


I ordered the Uncle Tzimmy Classic, which contained Lamb, Tomato, Onion and Fries. I liked how the wrap was rather soft and puffy (which is different to other wraps I've had which are generally not puffy). The meat itself was very well marinated and nicely roasted. The tomato made the wrap very fresh and tasty, and I really liked having chips also wrapped in it (not unlike how some people put chips in their burgers). It tastes a bit like fast food, and reminded me quite a bit of Grill'd but I really liked it.



My companion ordered the soft shell crab wrap, which didn't come with much crab actually, and the taste of the crab was rather overwhelmed by the taste of the coleslaw. He said he definitely would have rather stuck to the more traditional pitas next time.


We also shared the Feta Chips. I liked how the feta was more moist and less powdery in this instance, however it was a bit difficult to have the cheese stick to the chips. As a result of this, the cheese fell off it quite a lot, and we were left with a small pile of feta at the bottom of the plate at the end.

Price Range: $15 - $20

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 9/10


Click to add a blog post for Zeus Street Greek on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment