Sunday 1 November 2015

Rice Paper - Eight Mile Plains


Many of my avid readers will know that when it comes to Pho, one of my main considerations comes down to hygiene, as I've seen quite a few instances of questionable practices in certain restaurants. So when a friend asked me which restaurant offers the best tasting pho whilst being in a clean environment, I'd definitely have to say it is Rice Paper, at Warrigal Square.


The extensive menu is posted at the window and as a result of this, I was able to know what I wanted to order before even sitting down. As one who appreciates efficiency, this is always a good thing.


Despite knowing what I wanted to order, the menu was still provided to us, and tea was complimentary.


As my readers know, at a Vietnamese restaurant, my first point of call is always pho. There is no exception to this.  I found the soup to be not oily at all, whilst very flavoursome. It had a very strong beef taste to it, as well as anise and garlic. The clarity of the soup was also very reassuring (the first sign of recycled pho soup is that its murky). The noodles were very fresh and soft as well. As for the beef though, whilst I would have liked it a bit more on the rarer side, it was considerably tender compared to some other establishments I've eaten at.


My companion ordered a combination broken rice. It came with grilled pork, shredded pork, fried egg and egg meatloaf as well as a some salad. I found the portion of mains to be very generous. The grilled pork was still moist but not too oily. It had a substancial thickness to it and it was well marinated. The shredded pork was nice and springy but not overly chewy, whilst the egg had a good crunch to it.  


The spring rolls were freshly fried and served piping hot, which is always appreciated.  It was filled with pork and prawns and veges. The skin was quite crunchy for a spring roll, but other than that there was nothing which particularly made it stand out.

Price Range: $10 - $15 per person

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 9/10
Environment: 7/10



Rice Paper Vietnamese Cuisine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment