Friday 15 January 2016

Charboys - West End


When we are in the mood for market street food, but don't want to go the distance to Hamilton, my companions and I opt to go to the Boundary Street markets as a closer alternative. Situated in West End, it's quite popular with the locals, and I particularly like it because it has no entry fee. My companion and I recently braved the Markets on a hot summers night to enjoy the fine foods available. Having tried various foods including Transylvanian Cheese pie and Japanese Okonomiyaki we were looking for burger to finish our night out.


As if on queue, this sign immediately caught our attention.


 We noted the concise menu consisting of two pages covering burgers and fries.


Initially we ordered one burger to share, upon being presented with our Double with Bacon, we queried the absence of chips as a side as mentioned on the menu, we were given a complementary Cheeseburger, which made my day.



We shared our complimentary cheeseburger. It looked very inviting and well presented. The bun was perfectly shaped, soft and seedless in line with my preference. The patty was well seasoned, not to mention generously sized and fit the bun very well. My companion noted there was a touch of onion in the patty which added complexity to the burger. Whilst we would have liked the option to choose sauces, I definitely appreciate the burger wrapping which ensured it stayed together and none of the sauces dripped out.


Our second burger the Double Double, was well worth it. For an extra dollar we opted for additional bacon. Like the Cheeseburger, the Double Double was well presented and very inviting. The bacon was crispy and the patty was generous. The lettuce and tomato were crispy and very refreshing, I enjoyed the portions and felt very satisfied.

I would consider this to be one of the best burger's in town, and if they had the option to customise burgers, it would be on par with Miel Container.

Price Range: $10 - $15 per person.

Taste: 9/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment 6/10


Charboys Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment