Tuesday 17 May 2016

Chester Street Express - Southbank


Having come back from a holiday, one of the hardest things was without a doubt going back to work. After surviving the first week back, my confidante thought that cake would be in order. Having heard that Mr Fitz, Doughnut time and Chester Street opened on Grey Street, we had quite a difficult time making our choice on what to have. Having a very small selection of outside seating between the three stores meant we also had a very difficult time finding seating.


In the end, my love for cake won out. With a couple of the more popular options from their main store on option, we opted for two slices of cake for afternoon tea.


We shared the rainbow cake, as well as raspberries and cream.



Despite how they look, neither of them were overly sugary, except for the meringue on top of the raspberry cake. Despite how colourful the cakes were, I appreciated the lightness of the cake, which was nowhere near as heavy as I expected, and the strong milky taste of the cream. I note however that the only other drinks I could see available were milk shakes or similar sweet drinks. I think that my experience would have been quite better with the option of tea or coffee (which I would have opted to have sugar free), to accompany the cake.

Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 5/10
Service: 6/10
Environment: 6/10


Chester Street Express Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment