Tuesday 10 May 2016

Espresso and Matcha's Foodie Odyessy - Melbourne Day 7 Dinner : Shark Fin Inn


On the evening of our rest day, I suddenly came to the realisation that I was not actually tired, but had fallen victim to the flu (probably from those packed trams). As a result of this, I overslept and missed out dinner time, to awake covered in sweat. My confidante, decided that it would be best to head downstairs to grab some noodles and congee for the sick girl. Luckily, Shark Fin Inn opened pretty late.


After not very long, he came back with three very full boxes, some cutlery and napkins.


Of those three boxes, two contained my companion's wanton noodles soup. We were quite pleased that the soup was served separate to all the other things (noodles, dumplings and vegetables), so as to ensure that they don't go soft in the soup. The noodles were quite springy, whilst the dumplings were all filled with prawns, and were quite tasty. Needless to say I asked to try some that evening.



I had the fish congee, due to the fact my usual pork and century egg option wasn't available. Whilst it had quite a smooth texture, which is appreciated, they omitted to put any salt into it, which made it very bland despite the fish fillets in it.
Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 6/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: N/A (as we had takeaway)

Shark Fin Inn Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment