Monday 23 May 2016

Five Thirty on Brunswick - New Farm


Having been to quite a few of the brunch places in New Farm, one that has really caught my eye was Five Thirty on Brunswick, which patrons have posted quite a number of highly captivating foodie photos online. Being situated along Brunswick Street, we had a bit of trouble finding parking, and  had to walk a fair while until we arrived at the restaurant.


Both the outside and inside of the restaurant reminded me quiet strongly of a refurbished residential property, and we were given a table in one of the rooms. I really liked how they had renovated the walls, which now had chalkboards with cute designs on its walls.


We were given a copy of the menu, which contained quite a number of tasty breakfast options.


Our drinks came quite soon afterwards.


My cappuccino came with copious amounts of cocoa on top of it. Whilst I would have preferred the cocoa to have been more dissolved, the coffee was strong but also the froth was very rich, which I enjoyed quite a bit.


My companion had an iced coffee, which was served in a very tall glass. The portion was very large, and it contained both ice cream and cream, which he enjoyed, but I considered it a bit too early in the morning for. 


We shared two mains, this was the very popular Mixed Berry Pancakes, which have long been the focus of quite a few reviewers photos. The pancakes were a little too thick for my linking, but the berry maple syrup was very sweet and tasty. I gave my companion most of the ice cream, which he said was quite rich and delicious. I note the absence of cottage cheese in the dish though despite being mentioned in the menu, which would have been quite a nice addition to balance the dish.


My choice of the day was the avocado salmon stack with added bacon. Whilst it had quite a generous portion of toppings, I definitely would have liked it more if there was one more slice of bread. The eggs were poached, but slightly overcooked. The avocado could have been a little more ripe, but the salmon was fresh and the bacon not too fatty. The added Worcestershire sauce gave it an added tang which we enjoyed. The cream cheese on the toast was a nice change too. 

Price Range: $15 - $20pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10


Five Thirty Brunswick Espresso Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment