Wednesday 6 July 2016

Carls Jr - Brisbane Airport


Last week I found myself taking a break from the Japanese food scene in Brisbane (not voluntarily of course), but because I had to take a quick trip to Sydney. Having been told by a good friend last week that Carls Jr (a highly popular burger chain from America) had opened in the domestic airport, I thought it would be a good opportunity to check it out.


With the line not being too long, we ordered at the counter and my colleague and I were given two buzzers.


Drinks were served DIY with the paper cups being provided to you. I didnt get to enquire about whether refills were allowed though, but the setup was not unlike Hungry Jacks.


My companion, being super keen to try it out, opted to get two burgers (rather than any combos).


This was the Big Carl, which contained not one but two beef patties, melted cheese, lettuce and sauce on a sesame bun. 


Whilst this was the signature half pound thick burger, with one very large beef patty, melted cheese, tomatoes, red onions, pickles, lettuce, mustard, mayo and ketchup on a bun. My companion really enjoyed both, being a big fan of fast food, but found little to distinguish it from his usual order at Hungry Jacks.


My order, was sadly missed. Despite having the buzzer, it never went off until my colleague was almost finished with his meal. By then, I decided to get up and check up on my order, to find that it had long been sitting at the counter growing cold, and the staff had either forgotten which number my buzzer was or just neglected to press it.


My order was the 1/3 thickburger and crisscut fries and a small drink as part of a combo.


Having seen my companion's seeded bun, I was relieved to find mine free from seeds. Like my colleague's comment, it was rather similar to a Hungry Jacks burger, but in all honesty I think I prefer Hungry Jacks more. Whilst the bun was reasonably soft, it was a little sweet for my tastes. The salad was fresh and crunchy but the patty itself was very fatty, and the meat clung to my throat as I swallowed, which wasn't too pleasant.


Despite my initial feelings about the burger, I definitely loved the crisscut chips. Being crispy, well seasoned they were quite delicious and enjoyable. 

Overall, I found it very confusing that Carls' Jr would start their first Brisbane store in the airport, as the amount of people going would essentially be limited to travelers and airport staff, one would have thought that they would have opened their first store in somewhere more populous such as the CBD, nevertheless, I'd be keen to try it again if it opened closer to home.

Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 5/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 5/10
Environment: 7/10

Carl's Jr. Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment