Saturday 30 July 2016

Satay House Noodle Club - Brisbane CBD


Feeling a bit chilly my colleague and I decided to try something more homely to warm ourselves up. Wishing something different from our usual we opted to try Satay House Noodle Club. 


The shop is located near Elizabeth Arcade next to AJ’s Vietnamese and the setup had a rather retro feel to it. Despite this I noticed the restaurant was popular choices as it became very crowded come lunch hour.


I should begin by saying the Satay Club is an Indonesian and Malaysian restaurant and the menu selection provides a diverse range of dishes from both styles. My colleague ordered a Xa Ho Fan whilst I chose the Duck and Dry Noodles with Special Sauce. Considering this was an Asian establishment, I was pleasantly surprised at the gluten free and vegetarian options. 


My colleague’s Xa Ho Fan came first, he noted the sauce was rather thick and gelatinous, but in an uneven manner, but after a bit of stirring through he agreed the dish was well balanced between the noodles, the sides and the sauce. In saying such he found the flavours light and there was a nice tinge of spice included to give it extra heat. 


My Dry Noodles with Special Sauce served with Duck arrived soon after. Included was a deep fried wonton some pieces of duck and some greens in a special in house sauce. I found the wonton crispy and the duck meat tender whilst the greens gave the dish a deceptively healthy spin. However as I neared finishing the dish the sauce pooled at the bottom of the plate soaking the noodles at the bottom. This made the noodles left over rather salty and I was unable to finish the rest of them which was unfortunate as I felt the dish was a solid choice and quite enjoyable.


Lastly we both ordered a cold The Tarik to wash down our meal. We both found the drink refreshing and quite milky and sweet, but could do with a bit more tea flavour. Overall I found Brisbane’s Satay House Noodle Club a solid choice, with its low prices, dish selection and options I consider this a good choice and explains why this restaurant has been established for so long and still so popular.

Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 6/10

Satay Club Noodle House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment