Tuesday 27 December 2016

Da Burger - New Farm


Being quite a burger fan, I have long been curious about Da Burger, one of the most popular burger joints in Brisbane. With the year drawing to a close, I thought it would be about time to try it out so I can finally strike it off my list. So after work one day, my companion and I made our way over to Brunswick Street to the much acclaimed burgers.


Like most burger joints, it operated via counter service. The staff were really friendly and took their time to have a good chat to each of their customers, which gave it quite a personalized touch, although it did make waiting times a little longer than usual.


We were given a number and grabbed a table along the hallway. I really liked how they had a wall filled with their customer's handwritten reviews. The opposite wall, which you can see in the photo was adorned with photos of their customers.


We also loved how each table was given a connect four set, which was quite ingenious, as we could entertain ourselves indefinitely whilst we waited for the food.


Speaking of the food, it didn't really take very long to come out (or maybe we were too immersed with the connect four game (which I won ;).


My companion ordered the Bacon Enter, containing a lamb patty, red onion jam, streaky bacon, blue cheese sauce and BBQ sauce, lettuce, tomato,onion and mayo, with a side of chips. He found the patty to be quite a highlight as it had the taste and texture of lam without the strong gamey taste that often comes with it. The salads were fresh and crunchy which he really enjoyed. On the flip side though, the bun was a little underwhelming (our preference is for the shiny brioche type of buns), and unfortunately not toasted, but thankfully without sesame. There was a little too much sauce for our liking, which pooled into quite the puddle inside the paper wrapping.


I got the Bus Stop, containing an angus beef patty, streaky bacon, pickled gherkins, lettuce, tomato, red onion, mayo and tomato relish. I would agree with my companion in saying that the bun could have been so much better if they had a couple of variations for us to choose from and if they could have toasted it. The angus patty was quite delicious and crumbled into little pieces of meaty goodness in my mouth. The bacon was deliciously smoked and crunchy, which is always the best way to have bacon. I probably should have asked for some extra cheese though, but same as my companion, I also had a small pool of sauce at the bottom of my paper wrapping. 

Price Range: $12 - $20pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 8/10


DA'Burger Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment