Friday 17 February 2017

Burger Project - South Bank


Long time readers of my blog will know that I have a sort of love hate relationship with newly opened restaurants. On one hand, I love going to satisfying my curiosity, but on the other hand, quite a few problems occur on the first day, that are eventually sorted out after running the restaurant for a few more days. However, when I heard that Neil Perry's largely popular Burger Project was coming to Brisbane, I had very little hesitation in trying it out on the first day.


One of the main reasons why my friend and I were so keen to go on the first day was because we had heard that the famous Neil Perry would be there himself. Whilst we didn't get to meet him, at least we got a picture of him making burgers in the kitchen.


We got there at around 6.30pm and there was a small lineup. Service was quite fast so we didn't wait long to order. They had quite a selection of burgers, chips as a side, some dessert options and drinks for us to choose from. We made our order at the counter, and were given a buzzer to collect our food when ready. We found a table without any difficulty and awaited our meal.


As it turns out, we didn't have to wait long for our food, which was ready within 10 minutes of ordering.


My companion ordered the Cheese Burger. She really liked the meat patty for its seasoning, but found the presentation a little underwhelming. 



I had the Bacon and Cheese Burger, which was essentially the same as the cheese burger, but with added bacon. Like my companion, I've grown accustomed to burgers bursting with ingredients (e.g. Charboys or Miel), so my first impression was that the patty was somewhat thinner than expected. Nevertheless, as mentioned, it was exceptionally well seasoned, tender, and it came with a hint of spiciness which really left an impression on me. The cheese was delicious and melty, whilst the bacon was juicy whilst crispy. The meat to vege ratio was quite good too, offering a balance of freshness for the burger. The bun was a soft white bun, considering the high standard the patty set, the bread itself felt like a bit of an afterthought.


As a side, we ordered the large chips with szechuan pepper. The chips were thick cut and very crunchy. I really enjoyed the pepper, which gave it quite a zing and definitely made it stand out compared to all the other chips out there.

 

As for our drinks, I had the home brewed passion pop, whilst my friend had a vanilla and strawberry thick shake. The drinks were quite the contrast, with mine being cool, refreshing and not very sweet, whilst my friend's was very sweet, but very delicious. She noted the ground vanilla seeds and whole strawberry seeds spread through the drink. We both agreed however that the choice of a paper straw wasn't ideal, as mine became soggy halfway through my drink, and she found it difficult to drink hers through such a narrow straw.

Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 9/10

Burger Project Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment