Saturday 4 February 2017

Cafe Di Luna - Sunnybank


As most readers would have been aware, last weekend was Chinese New Year. Being quite a traditional HongKonger, I partook in quite a few of the festivities and feasts. In preparation of the events, my companion and I headed out to buy some last minute supplies and grabbed a snack at Cafe Di Luna whilst we were at it.


I hadn't been to this cafe for around 10 years (since high school), but mostly everything appeared the same. We were seated very promptly and given a table in the shade indoors.


Their menu was very extensive for a cafe, but we were only there for a mid morning snack.


Our coffees came within 10 minutes of ordering.


My companion ordered the Dutch Coffee. I have to say I had a bit of coffee envy at that point. Whilst online research seems to indicate that Dutch Coffee essentially means cold brew, this was basically a white Vienna coffee. Considering the significant amount of cream on top, he found it to be a very smooth and creamy drink, but as expected also, the coffee was somewhat weak.


As usual, I settled for the Cappuccino in a Mug. Whilst it did its job in giving me a caffeine kick that I needed, it didn't really have smooth rich milk like Mr Claude or Coop, nor did it have enough strength or body as Campos.


Trying not to ruin our appetites for lunch, we were good and shared one croissant between the two of us. We had the Bacon, Egg and Cheese Croissant. I really enjoyed how warm and flaky it was. The bacon was nice and crispy, and the cheese deliciously melted, but the egg was also cooked very thoroughly to the point where there was no runny yolk whatsoever, which was a slight letdown.


Price Range: $5 - $20

Taste: 6/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 6/10

Cafe Di Luna Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment