Friday 10 February 2017

Momo Chicken and Beer - Brisbane CBD


Having just tried the fried chicken at Winner Winner, I couldn't resist trying out more fried chicken when I heard Momo Chicken and Beer had opened in the CBD. Their Runcorn store had long been on my list, but I still hadn't found time to go there. Being in the CBD really made it a lot more accessible to me. Being situated along Albert Street, near Izakaya Kotobuki, it was a short 10 minute walk for me to get there from work.

 

Opting for takeaway, I stood by the door and was granted the menu, whilst the focus was undoubtedly fried chicken, I appreciated the fact that it still had several non chicken options such as udon and rice. I ordered at the counter and awaited my food.


Seating was ample, and I was pleasantly surprised to see quite a few people already there despite the only recent opening. The setup reminded me a lot of Nene Chicken, each table came with bone buckets.


My order came very quickly, within around 15 minutes of putting down my order, and I took it back to the office.


Even without opening the box, I was quite impressed with how much it bulged, as well as the strong scent of hot fried chicken.


For a half chicken, this was larger than I had expected. It came with a side of fresh chips, pickles and sauce. The chips were crispy, but still retained a little of the moisture in some of the thicker slices. The chicken was super crispy, but only lightly salted, and could do with a little more seasoning (or I could have chosen the other saucier flavours, next time I guess). I loved how the chicken would crunch when I bit into it, and how moist the chicken was, with an explosion of juices in my mouth. Needless to say, I will definitely be going back soon.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Momo Chicken City Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment