Friday 31 March 2017

Espresso & Matcha's Delectable Tarriance: Sydney - Uncle Tetsu's Cheesecake


Holding onto my Green Tea from Coco, I rushed over to Kinokuniya to buy some manga before they closed. Nothing would stop me. Nothing would get between me and manga. Except, maybe, cheesecake. Making my way up George Street, I noted that Uncle Tetsu's which was still in construction last time I saw it, was fully up and running, with its the massive cheesecakes plastered around the building and small lineup outside, I knew I had to get one (despite having booked for a buffet afterwards).



Heading inside, I realised they didn't just sell cheesecake, but also had cheese tarts and Madeleine. Not having the opportunity to go back again as my stay was so short, I made a quick decision and went for their original cheesecake.


Thankfully the line wasn't too long, and soon I had the cheesecake in my hands.


After buying my manga, I headed back to the hotel and had to try it despite my dinner plans. 


Without any knives in the hotel room, I ate my cake with the spoon on hand, finishing a quarter before I could help myself. The cake was smooth, light and fluffy, and only lightly sugared. I almost couldn't stop myself until I was reminded of dinner. The rest of it, I took on the plane and finished it in lieu of dinner, much to the envy of the other people in the plane (it still tasted wonderful after sitting in room temperature for half a day).
Again, I hope Uncle Tetsu's decides to come to Brisbane soon.

Price Range: $17.99 for a whole cheesecake, less for smaller items

Taste: 9/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 9/10
Environment: 9/10

Uncle Tetsu’s Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment