Sunday 12 March 2017

Passion Tree Velvet - Carindale


With the closing of Elizabeth arcade and the inevitable fact that Passion Tree would be closing sometime in the near future, a friend and I decided it was time to scope out their other store at Carindale, so that we could still have somewhere to go after the cbd store is gone. Arriving after an afternoon's shopping, we were surprised at how open the cafe was. Being a self proclaimed introvert, I usually avoid open cafes where other shoppers could stare at me or my food as I enjoy it.


Nevertheless, the cakes were adorable and very colourful, immediately captivating my interest.


Ordering at the counter we got a number and two glasses of water to take back with us.


Our drinks came reasonably soon after ordering. What really impressed me was their deconstructed drinks. My companion ordered his usual iced coffee which as separated into espresso, ice and milk.


He really enjoyed his iced coffee. Putting it together definitely added some entertainment factor to the drink. Other than that, it was cool and refreshing whilst maintaining the strength of the espresso. It also came unsugared, which may have been an issue for others, but my companion liked it as is.


I ordered the Blood Orange Passion Pop, which also came deconstructed.


Not wanting a milky drink that afternoon, it was refreshing and very strong in its orange taste. I found it to be fruitier than regular soda, and definitely not as sweet. I also liked how it fit into the can shaped glass (reminding me that it was the same size as a can of soda).


To share, we opted for the fresh strawberry cake. Whilst not as colourful as the other cakes on display, the cake was soft and silky smooth, the cream was fresh and rich and the strawberries were very sweet. It provided a light but tasty treat for our afternoon.

Price Range: $5 - $15pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 6/10

Passiontree Velvet Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment